CJSmith dot me

I dump stuff I find useful here

Category: Sage Line 500 ERP

Sage Line 500 V7.1 CSAgent TCR and Form appear to start but ports never open

Published / by Chris Smith / Leave a Comment

Recently we had this issue where after windows patches were applied, after a reboot the Sage Line 500 v7.1 Windows services no longer worked on our development and live servers. It was due to the Visual Studio dll msvcr71.dll being removed SYSWOW64 (32 Bit systems will be System32 and you can see in process monitor where the processes try to access the dll file and are unable to find the dll)

This can be copied back from a client Sage Line 500 install, as I found the dll was actually still registered

One possible cause I can think of is the registry entry for the dll in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs is set to 1, an installer upgrades a program to a newer version of Visual Studio and takes one away from the dll entry in the registry, where by it thinks it is no longer used and deletes the dll.

Populate Sage table opheadm with credit note information for Cindercone Magma to send to Tungsten/OB10

Published / by Chris Smith / Leave a Comment

The below stored proc is used to populate two Sage fields shipper_code2 and shipper_code3 in the Order Header Table.
Obiously if this is used already by another Sage Project do not use, as the fields won’t be updated.
Here I look 30 days backwards and at particular invoice customers (There is no point updating every invoice entry), for an initial run you may want to increase the amount of days on both update queries

Sage EDI IN Intermediary Email

Published / by Chris Smith / Leave a Comment

I have found users don’t always read the logs from the Adaptus EDI Module anymore in Sage Line 500.
There are a few reasons why orders get stuck, the most common is a customer has sent a duplicate EDI file although one was caused by incorrect product supersession setup causing an endless loop.

DBForms: Check and format email addresses from Sage Line 500/1000

Published / by Chris Smith / Leave a Comment

As the email field can sometimes not be used for the correct purpose I use a bit of code to look for an @ symbol and then a dot. If more than one email address is in I replace the comma with -t which is required by dbmailsend.
If using Sage Line 500/1000 the CustomerTable will be scheme.slcustm
I expect the DBForms def below to pickup the customer code already so there is only a lookup to the customers email address.

Sage Line 500 EDI IN Intermediary tables inner join on sql query

Published / by Chris Smith / Leave a Comment

On ocassion I need to look at what is in the EDI IN modules intermediary tables, scheme.eiordtm has an annoying key_code which it combines multiple objects. It also doesn’t always have the same amount of characters. As the key_code on scheme.eiordtm starts with the key_code from scheme.eiorhdm all I do is find out how many characters are in key_code from scheme.eiorhdm and use the SQL LEFT function on the join.
Additional columns can be added but this is just the defaults I use.